FEDERAL – CFR Code of Federal Regulations
- The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) is legally responsible for enforcing Executive Order, 11246 (and subsequent federal regulations) which set the target of 6.9% women’s hours on federally funded construction in 1978. Compliance Assistance Guides are available here.
- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN APPRENTICESHIP- 29 PART 30— (called “29/30” by the experts)
- US Office of Apprenticeship
- Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 “Each employer shall furnish to each of his employees employment and a place of employment which are free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm to his employees”
- Construction Sector
- OSHA Complaint Procedures
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires 6.9% women’s work hours on “all contracts by a state agency or state-assisted contracts for design, construction, reconstruction, installation, demolition, maintenance or repair…”
- The Office of the Inspector General has affirmed this statutory requirement and is providing guidance to all relevant public authorities.