Download a one page summary of The PGTI Model: Integrating supply and demand for women in the construction industry
Download a more detailed description of the model and strategy here.
Supply leaders include regional pre-apprenticeship programs preparing qualified applicants for careers in the building trades:
- Building Pathways in Boston
- Building Pathways New Hampshire
- Building Pathways Worcester
- Community Works in Western Massachusetts
Demand leaders include developers and owners who are establishing Access and Opportunity Committees to set high targets and implement best practices:
- UMass Boston’s Project Labor Agreement
- The Massachusetts Gaming Commission
- UMass Amherst’s Design Construction & Compliance Working Group
PGTI has met bi-monthly since 2008 to work on the persistent policy failure to open up good jobs in the construction trades to women. We send our meeting reminders and minutes through email in addition to listening them on our website. Contact us if you would like to join our email list or have questions of comments. We’ll update our contact list with your information and keep you in the loop on our meeting schedule.